Child care centre is any premise at which 4 or more children under the age of four from more than one household are received to be looked after for reward.
There are 2 types:
- Home based child care centre(receive less than 10 children that is based at home)
- Institution based child care centre (receive 10 or more children)
Here’s the rough guidelines of the registration:
- Go to welfare department to get the guide book.
- Get approval from Local Council, health department, fire and rescue department, and land and survey.
- Send application to nearby Welfare Department Officer(PKMD) with postal money of RM50.
- PKMD sends the application to State Welfare Director(PKMN).
- PKMN sends the application to General Director of Malaysia Welfare Department.
- License for 5 years will be given
- Application form
- Floor plan
- List of daily activities
- List of menu
- List of activities with parents
- Business license
- Staff list(name, IC, position, certificates)
Here’s extra information that you must know which you can find in the guidebook:
- Must use the term “TASKA”
- Name must be in national language
- Not supposed to give confusion to others and sensitive in various aspects
- Should not use state name, city name, district name, political party name, other country leader’s name, short name, individual name, or name that is the same as existing kindergarten.
- The usage of name of prominent person must have written agreement from the owner of the name/heir
- Owner must be a Malaysian.
- Register with ROB and ROC.
- Child care center should not be using the same premise as kindergarten.